JOIN OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The officers of the board are comprised of the President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary.
President: Richard Ensor
Vice President: Joshua Johnson
Treasurer: Sophia Ballesteros
Secretary: Ann Kozeliski
621 Gallery is always looking for new board members with backgrounds beyond the arts to help enrich and sustain our programming.
- Actively participates in fundraising events for the organization
- Participation in at least one special event and/or grant writing
- Regularly attends Board of Directors meetings, committee meetings, and special events
- Accepts assignments and completes tasks competently and punctually
- Stays informed about issues confronting the organization, including: financial, political, and legal.
- Prepares for meetings by reading minutes, and other pertinent reports
- Represents the organization in the community
- Builds a collegial working relationship with other Board members that contributes to consensus
- Works with 621 Gallery interns in a mentorship capacity
- Aids in networking endeavors to support exhibitions, programs, and workshops
Monthly Board Meetings
- Minimum 2 hours. Generally a one-hour meeting time. Extra time required to write/review minutes, sign checks, etc
- Mandatory attendance.
- Minimum one hour meeting time. Mandatory.
- Time varies for each event. Anticipate committee meetings, tasks, and event participation.
- Board Members are responsible for assisting in soliciting artists/artworks, media/money donations, set-up, hosting sponsors/buyers, and clean-up. Support is provided by staff and others.
Please expect to contribute 2 – 4 hours a week related to 621 projects.
Additional time may be required for orientation, community activities, lobbying, grant panel presentations, and miscellaneous events.