621 Gallery Sculpture Competition 2012-2014
621 Gallery is located in Railroad Square Art Park in Tallahassee, Florida, and is the largest contemporary art space in North Florida. One winning sculpture will be selected by a panel of judges to be exhibited on a 4′ x 4′ x 16” high plinth outside, in front of the main gallery doors.
1. The 621 Sculpture competition is open to all artists in North Florida, South Alabama, and South Georgia. All applicants must be US residents and at least 18 years of age.
2. The sculpture must be completed and ready to install upon arrival. The sculpture should not be more than 7 feet tall and weigh no more than 250 lbs. Please make sure the sculpture can be anchored.
3. The selected sculpture will be located outside of the 621 Gallery for a period of two years, May, 2012 to April 2014. The selected sculpture will be exhibited for the time specified and will not be returned until said date unless prior arrangements have been made.
4. The selected sculpture will be exhibited outdoor for a period of two years and must be capable of withstanding weather conditions including high winds, extreme heat, low temperatures and heavy rain. The sculpture also must take into consideration the safety of the audience and be relatively maintenance free during the exhibition period.
5. If selected, the artist is responsible for shipping of their work. Installation and de-installation assistance will be provided by the 621 Gallery.
6. Please include a resume and an artist statement discussing your work.
7. Winners will be announced after February 29th via e-mail (please provide a valid e-mail address below, if an e-mail address in not available, please provide the most current address and contact phone number).
8. All sales are subject to 40% commission.
9. The opening for the sculpture will fall on a First Friday event and the artist will have a chance to interact with the Tallahassee community during the opening celebration.
10. The 621 Gallery will provide all reasonable care and precautions in handling the chosen sculpture. However, the 621 Gallery will not be responsible for any damage due to poor construction or craftsmanship occurred during shipping.
How to submit your images: Submit images by mail on a CD or DVD.
Submitting images by mail: High-resolution digital images may be submitted on a CD or DVD. Images may be in a .jpg format with a maximum of 1.5MB. (Approximate equivalent: 300 dpi, 5.5” x 6.5” or 1650 x 2000 pixels). Images not corresponding to the formatting sizes will not be accepted. Format the file name as follows: “LastName_Title_EntryNumber.jpg.” DO NOT send images imbedded in a Word document or PowerPoint presentation. Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) for the return of the CD/DVD or other materials.
Please fill out the form completely and mail it to the 621 Gallery. Please include check or money order with your entry form.
* Mandatory fields
Name* (First and Last):
You may enter up to three works for consideration. Please provide 3 to 5 views of each work entered for up to 15 images. Images of models and moquettes are not eligible for consideration.
Application fee: 25.00 dollars.
Entry 1 (Name, dimensions, medium, year, special instructions)
Entry 2 (Name, dimensions, medium, year, special instructions)
Entry 3 (Name, dimensions, medium, year, special instructions)
Application Due Date must be postmarked by January 31, 2012.
Please make checks or money order payable to The 621 Gallery.
Please mail all materials to:
621 Gallery / Sculpture Competition
621 Industrial Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32310